Rock the Day Away with
Officer Jonathan Ley
Saturday, March 30, 2013 will be a celebration of Officer Ley and the Norwich Police Department at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Connecticut. With Officer Ley slowly recovering, he needs our support from the community to aide his future endeavors. It is a long road for Officer Ley and he takes every day as it comes. The monies raised will support Officer Ley’s long-term recovery, lasting years beyond his immediate compensation. As a dear friend of Officer Ley, I can certainly tell you his spirits are high but his body is still undergoing severe recuperation.
This day is also about celebrating the men and women at the Norwich Police Department for their bravery and courage to stand before those who threaten our public safety. They take risks, everyday, beyond our reasonable thoughts. Although both Officer Ley and the Norwich Police Department are taken care of by federal and state funding, we have all lived through these past tumultuous years of budget cuts and deficits. Officer Ley has committed to donating a portion of the proceeds to assist in providing “combat tactical gear” for his fellow officers at the Norwich Police Department. This will greatly help the department as a whole.
On March 30, we hope you come to Dodd Stadium and enjoy a day filled with music, food, raffles and more! Here is a taste of what’s in store for the day- your ticket includes:
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Where: Dodd Stadium, Norwich, Connecticut
- Music donated by one of the area’s best local band, Malena!
- A silent auction that includes some awesome items!
- (4) tickets to Yankees/Red Socks game
- signed baseball by Mariano Rivera of New York Yankees
- (2) Mountain Bicycles donated by Rose City Cycle
- Food provided by the area’s best restaurants! Don’t worry- there is more to this list and we will keep you updated!
- Illiano’s of Norwich
- Harp and Dragon of Norwich, CT
- The Rolling Tomato
- Uncle Kranky’s in Jewett City
- Voc’s West Side, in Norwich
- Blazing BBQ, Norwich
- S&P Oyster Company in Mystic, CT
- Two Wives in New London
- Irene’s in Norwich
- TJ’s Cafe in Baltic, CT
- Fun for the kids!
- A bounce house provided by Jason Girard from Bouncers R Us
- Pony Rides provided by Sheryl Savino
- Egg hunt inspired by the weekend’s festivities
- Softball Game
- Featuring players from the Norwich Police Department vs. Norwich Fire Department... who do you think will take the trophy in this five-inning game?
- Admission to the Official After Party at Chacer’s Bar and Grill in Norwich!
- Featuring DJ Ali for a night of karaoke fun for all and drink specials to make the evening extra special!
On behalf of Officer Ley, there are individuals we would like to thank for making this day a true success!
- CJ Knudsen and Jack Kasten of the Connecticut Tigers at Dodd Stadium; these two individuals have donated countless hours in providing us with the best experience at Dodd Stadium. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty and our community must recognize their commitment to our locals. Please support their upcoming 2013 season- they know how to bring a community together and provide a great venue to enjoy America’s favorite pastime!
- Scott Capano, owner of Harp and Dragon in Norwich, Connecticut. Scott has not only printed material to support the event, he has dedicated time and effort into spreading the word about Officer Ley’s day and it is important we recognize this local business owner who has given so much! AND to top this man’s generosity, he has donated burgers, dogs and all the accoutrements for the event! We are all positively blown away and cannot thank you enough for your continued support.
- Geoff and Courtney Chase of Chaser’s Bar and Grill in Norwich, CT. These two individuals have also gone above and beyond the call of duty in hosting the “Official After Party” at Chacer’s Bar and Grill following the event. We appreciate your support!
March 30, 2013
1:00pm to 5:00pm
Dodd Stadium, Norwich, CT
Official After Party at Chacer's Bar and Grill
Advance Ticket Prices
$10 Ages 12-16
Under 12 Free!
$12 Ages 12-16